Now that lockdown restrictions are easing we have plans for an exciting cycle challenge!
The cycle takes us from Manchester cross the Peak District National Park. From here we continue our ride from the edge of the Peak District through Derby and Leicester towards the Northampton area for the night. On our final day we pass through the edge of the Chiltern Hills towards Hemel Hempstead and Edgware before reaching our finish line at the Grafton Way Building in London to celebrate our huge achievement!
- Thursday 3 June - Leave London late afternoon via train and arrive in Manchester - bikes will be transported by a Discover Adventure van
- Friday 4 June am - cycle starts
- Sunday 6 June pm - arrive in London at the Grafton Way Building where we finish with celebratory drinks
Registration fee - £300 non-refundable deposit, fundraising target £1,000
All funds raised will support services at the Grafton Way Building which includes blood cancer services and a short stay surgery centre.
- The trip includes 3 nights’ accommodation. (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- The meals are breakfast, lunch and dinner on day 2 and 3. Breakfast and lunch on day 4
- Secure van to transport bikes on Thursday. All the bikes will be collected at one point prior to the event by UCLH Charity staff and Discover Adventure will collect them and take them to the start in Manchester for you
- Water stop provisions
- Discover Adventure leaders, crew, mechanics, ride captains and doctors
- Full vehicle support
- Over-view maps and GPX files
- Fundraising support
What’s not included:
- Train on Thursday from London to Manchester
- Dinner on Thursday night
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal travel insurance (to cover personal injury, cancellation/curtailment, lost items etc)
- Bicycle, helmet and high visibility jacket (obligatory)
- Sports/energy products at water stops
We have around 20 people signed up so come and join the team! To find out more or to sign up email email@example.com